What are Cashew Kernels? What Difference between Raw Cashew Nuts vs Cashew Kernels? Raw Cashew Nuts (RCN) and Cashew Kernels are two completely different types of cashew. Currently, many people cannot distinguish between these 2 concepts. The following article will explain that clearly.
=> Related articles:
- What Difference Between W320 Cashew vs W240 Cashew?
- What Difference Between W450 Cashew vs W320 Cashew?
- What Difference Between WS Cashew vs WB Cashew?
- What Difference Between Raw Cashew Nuts And Cashew Kernels?
What is Raw Cashew Nut?
The Raw Cashew Nut (known as RCN, Cashew nut Shell-on, Cashew nut in a shell) is the name of the cashew apple’s sub-nut. Although a cashew apple contains 90 % of the fruit, only 10 % is a Raw Cashew nut. A single Raw Cashew Nut has 30% cashew kernels and 70% cashew shell. Normally, 1 ton of raw cashew nuts can process 250-300 kg of the kernel and 700-750 kg of the shell. In the past, only the Raw Cashew nut (RCN) and Cashew Kernels are being used as commercial products in the Vietnam cashew nut industry, and cashew shells are considered waste. Today, the cashew shells are used to produce CNSL (cashew nut shell liquid), a raw material used in other industries, open up a market of hundreds of millions of dollars per year.
=> More About Vietnam Raw Cashew Nuts: https://kimmyfarm.com/en/product/raw-cashew-nuts-in-shell-vietnam
The Cashew Apples contain:
- 90 % of the fruit
- 10 % is a Raw Cashew nut
The Raw Cashew nuts contain:
- 30% cashew kernels
- 70% cashew shell.
What is Cashew Kernels?
Cashew Kernel (or: raw cashew kernels) is the name of the raw cashew nuts after going through the Processing of cashew nuts. After Peeling Hardshell outside, the cashew kernel has been grading them carefully to superior standards required by top food companies all over the world. Example: Vietnam’s W320 & W240 are the most popular cashew kernels, their export volumes increase year by year.
5 Steps of Producing Process Vietnam Raw Cashew Nut to Cashew Kernels:
- Collection & Drying: The raw cashew nuts (RCN) are collected from the farmers and dried
- Steam Roasting: The outer shell of the raw cashew nuts has to be removed to produce the edible cashew kernel.
- Shell Cutting: After Steam Roasting is complete, the cashew nuts are peeled off quickly to remove the outer shell to get the inner kernel.
- Peeling: a process where the inner shell of the kernel is removed to produce white nuts.
- Grading: The cashew nut classification process is designed to classify cashew nuts kernel nuts into different grades for export.
=> More About Vietnam Cashew Kernels Products: https://kimmyfarm.com/en/vietnam-cashew-nuts/kernel
Difference Between Raw Cashew Nuts VS Cashew Kernels.
- Cashew Apple: includes cashew fruit, cashew nut.
- Raw Cashew Nuts (RCN): include Cashew Kernel as a part.
- Cashew Kernel: is part of the Raw Cashew nut (RCN).
Raw Cashew Nut To Cashew Kernel Ratio
Raw cashew nut after processing We can Recover (Cashew Kernels output ratio) 30% cashew kernels (include: 80% whole kernel and 20% broken kernel) and 70% cashew shell.
For Example – Vietnam Raw Cashew Nut To Cashew Kernel Ratio: ~80% whole kernel and ~20% broken kerne
|Type of Cashew Kernels||% Ratio|
@Products Mentioned in Article:
A brand specializing in the production and export of agricultural products in Vietnam. We have a black soldier fly farm in Tay Ninh and a cashew growing area in Binh Phuoc. The main export products of the company are: cashew nuts, cashew nut kernels, black soldier fly, frozen seafood, shrimp, prawns, catfish… from Vietnam.