What are Cashew Kernels? What Difference between Raw Cashew Nuts vs Cashew Kernels? Cashew kernels vs Cashew nut? Raw Cashew Nuts (RCN) and Cashew Kernels are two completely different types of cashew. Currently, many people cannot distinguish between these 2 concepts. The following article will explain that clearly.
=> Related articles:
- Different Grades Of Cashew Kernels, Cashew Grade List In Vietnam
- What Difference Between W320 Cashew vs W240 Cashew?
- What Difference Between W450 Cashew vs W320 Cashew?
- What Difference Between WS Cashew vs WB Cashew?
- What Difference Between Raw Cashew Nuts And Cashew Kernels?
- What Difference Between LWP Cashew vs LP Cashew?
What is Raw Cashew Nut?
The Raw Cashew Nut (known as RCN, Cashew nut Shell-on, Cashew nut in a shell, Cashew nuts) is the name of the cashew apple’s sub-nut. Although a cashew apple contains 90 % of the fruit, only 10 % is a Raw Cashew nut. A single Raw Cashew Nut has 30% cashew kernels and 70% cashew shell. Normally, 1 ton of raw cashew nuts can process 250-300 kg of the cashew kernels and 700-750 kg of the cashew shells. In the past, only the Raw Cashew nut (RCN) and Cashew Kernels are being used as commercial products in the Vietnam cashew nut industry, and cashew shells are considered waste. Today, the cashew shells are used to produce CNSL (cashew nut shell liquid), a raw material used in other industries, open up a market of hundreds of millions of dollars per year.
=> More About Vietnam Raw Cashew Nuts: https://kimmyfarm.com/en/product/raw-cashew-nuts-in-shell-vietnam
The Cashew Apples contain:
The Raw Cashew nuts contain:
What is Raw Cashew Nuts Count?
The nut count is simply the number of nuts present in 1kg of the raw cashew sample selected for the tests. It is a function of the size distribution of the cashew nut.
The standard nut count of raw cashew nuts goes thus:
- 170 – 180, it is excellent
- 181 – 190, it is very good
- 191 – 200, it is good
- 201 – 210, it is medium or moderate
- 211 – 220, it is low medium
- 221 – 230, it is poor.
Count the number of nuts you have in your 1kg sample and compare with the above standard to know where it falls. Simple, isn’t it?
Raw Cashew Nuts Count Per Kg Sort By Countries
What is nut count in raw cashew? The nut count represents the number of raw cashew nuts per kilogram. In Vietnam, depending on the year, most of the Vietnam raw cashew has a nut count of 180 to 210 / kg. Associated with the outturn, the nut count provides information on the size of kernels.
|Origin||Raw Cashew Nuts count (per kg)|
|Indonesia||190 – 210|
|Cambodia||160 – 200|
|India||190 – 210|
|Vietnam||180 – 200|
|Brazil||160 – 180|
What is Cashew Kernels?
Cashew Kernel (or: raw cashew kernels, cashew kernels ) meaning is the name of the raw cashew nuts after going through the Processing of cashew nuts. After Peeling Hardshell outside, the cashew kernel has been grading them carefully to superior standards required by top food companies all over the world. Example: Vietnam’s W320 & W240 are the most popular cashew kernels, their export volumes increase year by year.
=> More About Vietnam Cashew Nut Kernels: https://kimmyfarm.com/en/vietnam-cashew-nuts/kernel
Difference Between Raw Cashew Nuts VS Cashew Kernels?
- Cashew Apple: includes cashew fruit, cashew nut.
- Raw Cashew Nuts (RCN): include Cashew Kernel as a part.
- Cashew Kernel: is part of the Raw Cashew nut (RCN).
All processes from the Cashew farm to the factory and the finished product must ensure the cashew nut is as clean as possible. 8 Steps of Producing Process Vietnam Raw Cashew Nut to Cashew Kernels:
- Drying Raw Cashews: Sun-dry cashew nuts under the sun until the raw cashew nuts moisture is about 8-10%, this will prevent cashews from musty when transporting or long-term storing.
- Packing Raw Cashews: After sun-dry, raw cashews nuts are packed in Jumbo bags (60 – 80kg/ bag), stored in a well-ventilated & cool place.
- Steam Roasting: The outer shell of the raw cashew nuts has to be removed to produce the edible cashew kernel.
- Shell Cutting: After Steam Roasting is complete, the cashew nuts are peeled off quickly to remove the outer shell to get the inner kernel.
- Peeling: a process where the inner shell of the kernel is removed to produce white nuts.
- Grading: The cashew nut classification process is designed to classify cashew nuts kernel nuts into different grades for export.
- Packaging: The finished cashew kernels product packaging to tin cans, vacuum flexy pouches…
- Fumigation: Exporters Cashew nuts must be registered for quarantine and Fumigation of shipments.
=> More About: How cashew nuts made by Vietnamese Farmer
=> More About Vietnam Cashew Kernels Products => https://kimmyfarm.com/en/vietnam-cashew-nuts/kernel
Raw Cashew Nut To Cashew Kernel Ratio?
Raw cashew nut after processing – The % Ratio we can recover into cashew kernels (Cashew Kernels output ratio) is About 30% and 70% cashew shell. For Example – Vietnam Raw Cashew Nut To Cashew Kernel Ratio: About 24 – 27 %!
% Ratio – Type of Cashew Kernels: (about 80% whole kernel grades, 20% broken kernel grades)
|Type of Cashew Kernels||% Ratio|
Outturn Comparison: The Raw Cashew Nuts to Cashew Kernel Outturn Ratio
|RCN Origin||% Cashew Kernel Ratio|
@Products Mentioned in Article: Vietnam cashew nuts
A brand specializing in the production and export of agricultural products in Vietnam. We have a black soldier fly farm in Tay Ninh and a cashew growing area in Binh Phuoc. The main export products of the company are: cashew nuts, cashew nut kernels, black soldier fly, frozen seafood, shrimp, prawns, catfish… from Vietnam.