Normally, about 92 % of the trees yield by the third year from planting. The average yield per tree increases from about 2 kg at 3-5 years to 4 kg at 6-10 years and 5-10 kg when trees are 11-15 years of age. Thereafter, trees yield in excess of 10 kg as the trees get older. Currently, there are many different types of cashew seed planted in Vietnam, but most of them are 5 main varieties. These varieties usually produce clusters of 5 to 10 fruits. The main color of the fruit is yellow. However, the kernel ratio, raw cashew nut size, and yield are quite different. 60% of the Vietnam cashew area, about 150,000 ha with an output of 1,5 tons per ha.
Seed Of Cashew Nut Grown in Vietnam:
- Seed ES-04: kernel ratio: 27.5%; RCN size: 173 nuts/kg; yield: 55-65 kg/plant/year.
- Seed EK-24: kernel rate: 28%; RCN size: 120 nuts/kg; yield: 35-45 kg/plant/year.
- Seed BD-01: kernel ratio: 27%; RCN size: 165 nuts/kg; yield: 45-55 kg/plant/year.
- Seed KP-11: kernel ratio: 27.5%; RCN size: 150 nuts/kg; yield: 45-55 kg/plant/year.
- Seed KP-12: kernel ratio: 27%; RCN size: 140 nuts/kg; yield: 55-65 kg/plant year.
The Standard Nut Count Of Raw Cashew Nuts goes thus:
The nut count is simply the number of nuts present in 1kg of the raw cashew sample selected for the tests. It is a function of the size distribution of the cashew nut.
- 170 – 180, it is excellent
- 181 – 190, it is very good
- 191 – 200, it is good
- 201 – 210, it is medium or moderate
- 211 – 220, it is low medium
- 221 – 230, it is poor.
Cashew Kernels Size Measure
A brand specializing in the production and export of agricultural products in Vietnam. We have a black soldier fly farm in Tay Ninh and a cashew growing area in Binh Phuoc. The main export products of the company are: cashew nuts, cashew nut kernels, black soldier fly, frozen seafood, shrimp, prawns, catfish… from Vietnam.